Silencers - How to Buy
I WANT A SILENCER...WHAT DO I DO NOW?
How to aquire a silencer
where is it legal to own?THE 39 STATES THAT CURRENTLY ALLOW CIVILIAN OWNERSHIP OF SILENCERS ARE: AK, AL, AR, AZ, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IN, KS, KY, LA, MD, ME, MI, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NM, NV, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, WV, AND WY.who regulates silencersSILENCERS ARE REGULATED UNDER THE NATIONAL FIREARMS ACT (NFA) OF 1934, WHICH IS A BRANCH OF THE BUREAU
OF ALCOHOL, TOBACCO, FIREARMS AND
EXPLOSIVES (BATFE). TO LEGALLY PURCHASE OR POSSESS A SILENCER YOU MUST:
If you live in Texas we will handle the transfer for you.
- If using a trust or other entity, add the desired NFA item and accessories to your cart. Once your purchase is complete, email a copy of your signed and notarized trust to [email protected] or simply reply to your order confirmation with a copy of your trust. We will fill out the necessary areas of the Form 4 document and send it to you to sign and send back to us. Don't worry, it's really quite simple. If you would prefer to provide us only with the name and address of your trust and send the documents in yourself we will happily accommodate your wishes.
- If purchasing as an individual, add the desired NFA item and accessories to your cart. Once your order is processed, we will mail you the form 4 to complete and have your CLEO sign. Detailed instructions will be provided, and you can always contact us with questions.
- Current Form 4 processing times are 3-4 months.
- First, check to insure that the NFA item you desire is legal in your state.
- Next, you'll need to insure there is a dealer close to you who has paid their Special Occupation Tax, and is willing to handle the transfer from us to you. If you need help finding one let us know. Most dealers typically charge $25-100 for this service so be sure to factor that into your budget.
- When you are ready to purchase, add the desired NFA item and accessories to your cart and checkout. Put your transfer dealer's info in the "Shipping Address" section, or in the notes. We will file a form 3 to transfer the item to your local dealer. Once they have received it, they will begin the transfer to you by filing a form 4. Documents that you send to the ATF and the $200 tax stamp payment will be handled between you and your receiving transfer dealer.
- Current Form 3 processing time is approximately 30 days. Current Form 4 processing times are 3-4 months.